Bankruptcy Provides Real Debt Relief
There are many options available for debt relief. You have probably seen them in advertising on television and the internet. Some claim to help you without the need to file bankruptcy.
The bankruptcy laws have made many people wonder whether bankruptcy is still an option. The new laws can be confusing. At the Bankruptcy Clinic, we take a personal approach to answering your questions about the bankruptcy laws and in explaining the debt relief options that may be available to you.
Our office is located in Rockford, near the Federal Bankruptcy Court, and provides Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 advice to consumer and business clients for cases filed under the Bankruptcy Code.
- Chapter 7 Bankruptcy: Chapter 7, also known as “straight bankruptcy,” is chosen for the cancellation or “discharge” of most debts. The court appoints a trustee who may sell or liquidate things that you own to pay your creditors. Because many assets are exempt under state or federal law, it is often the case that no assets are liquidated.
- Chapter 13 Bankruptcy: Chapter 13 or “debt consolidation” as it is sometimes called, is a repayment plan which allows you to reorganize your debts while under the protection of the Bankruptcy Court. Chapter 13 is often chosen by people who may be ineligible for Chapter 7, or who need to protect property from foreclosure or other collection activity.
We Explain How The Bankruptcy Laws Work
Gary C. Flanders, a bankruptcy lawyer with more than 35 years of experience, meets with each client to review his or her individual financial situation. We provide a bankruptcy overview and can answer your questions and give you the legal advice that you need to help decide whether bankruptcy is right for you.
We helped thousands of clients with:
- Chapter 7 consumer debt elimination
- Chapter 13 consumer debt reorganization
- Prevention of mortgage foreclosures
- Prevention of car repossession
- Prevention of wage garnishments
During the past 35 years, we have successfully represented more than 5,000 clients in consumer and business bankruptcy cases filed in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
Attorney Flanders personally reviews each client’s financial situation and communicates with the client at each stage of the proceedings — you deserve nothing less. You will work directly with attorney Gary C. Flanders during your case, with no decisions or recommendations made by paralegals or support staff.
Contact Us For A Free Consultation
Contact the Bankruptcy Clinic at 815-962-7084 for a free consultation or fill out our online form. We will explain the bankruptcy laws and give you the legal advice that you need to make an informed decision concerning your bankruptcy choices. We also represent clients seeking to file for bankruptcy in McHenry County.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.